26 Sep RIBA Stage 0 + 1 ‘Client Advisor’ service
To help you as a client at the very early stages of a project, as a standard service we are able to offer a preliminary ‘feasibility and options’ report to assess the site or building and its suitability for your proposed project. The report includes the following:
- Obtaining on your behalf the appropriate digital OS mapping from which we can model the site in 3D.
- carry out or obtain on your behalf full topographical and measured building surveys to provide the detailed information about the site and/or buildings to proceed further.
- Access on your behalf the currently available detailed information on services and utilities.
- Make an assessment of the history of the site, and any buildings, in terms of risks and opportunities. A detailed condition survey, quinquennial report and conservation management plan can also be carried out if necessary.
- Assist in assessing the ‘market’ and development opportunities.
- Assist you in preparing any necessary business case documentation required.
- Assist you in preparing the formal strategic brief required for later stages.
- Schematic feasibility studies to explore the capacity of the site/building(s) to meet your requirements.
- Making the preliminary enquiries of the local planning authority regarding your proposals and their ‘view’ and ‘opinion’ regarding them.
- For smaller projects this service is available as a ‘quick and dirty’ simplified and time limited one day (7 hours) exercise in research, investigation and brief formulation to assess the capabilities of any site or building for a fixed price of £525 (plus expenses and any VAT).
Please contact us if you have a project, or know anyone with a project, that would benefit from the service to determine the ‘needs’ from the ‘wants’ leading to a more cost effective project.