We offer these reports at two service levels that will help during the early stages of a building project, whether an empty site or an existing building:
- Free 20 minute telephone consultation to discuss your project in an informal relaxed environment, get a feel for your project and what is involved before your commit, speak with our Chartered Architect John to see if you are compatible for realising your dreams
- Get a feel for your project and what is involved before your commit.
- Speak with our Chartered Architect John to see if you are compatible for realising your dreams into reality
- Discuss your project, good design and the world in general and get a feel for the type and style of work that we do
- A prepaid (£925) pair of meetings to:
- Compile your brief based on your information
- Undertake site and project analysis
- Research relevant to your project
- Report back on findings
- Provide an overview of the process, from the initial concepts through
to construction on site
- Provide an overview of total costs to undertake project including other
consultants and consents required
- Provide an overview of time required to successfully complete your
dream into reality
- Discussion of costs and fees involved with your project
- We come to you
The first lasting approximately 1 hour on site, the second approximately ½ an hour either in your home or a café.
A more formal and comprehensive service for commercial clients and those requiring my expertise in historic building consists of:
- Obtaining on your behalf the appropriate digital OS mapping from which we can model the site in 3D.
- Carry out or obtain on your behalf full topographical and measured building surveys to provide the detailed information about the site and/or buildings to proceed further.
- Access on your behalf the currently available detailed information on services and utilities.
- Make an assessment of the history of the site, and any buildings, in terms of risks and opportunities. A detailed condition survey, quinquennial report and conservation management plan can also be carried out if necessary.
- Assist in assessing the ‘market’ and development opportunities.
- Assist you in preparing any necessary business case documentation required.
- Assist you in preparing the formal strategic brief required for later stages.
- Schematic feasibility studies to explore the capacity of the site/building(s) to meet your requirements.
- Making the preliminary enquiries of the local planning authority regarding your proposals and their ‘view’ and ‘opinion’ regarding them.
The cost of which is determined on an individual basis based on the services required and the size of the project.